Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How to Make My Wife Happy for $2.00 or Less


The following was written by David on his blog several months ago. I found it and liked it so much that I asked him if I could re-print it here. He said "yes, as long as you remember to give me credit."

By David at his website My Two Dollars.com

Last weekend I took it upon myself to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. Now, I am no genius in the kitchen - in fact, I try to avoid it at all costs because while I don’t mind the cooking part, I hate the cleaning up part. But anyway…last weekend I had a hankering for homemade chocolate chip cookies like my mom used to make. So without telling my wife what I was up to, I went up to the grocery store and got all the ingredients. When I walked in the door, she could not believe I was making cookies from scratch!

Over the course of the next hour or so, I mixed all the stuff together (using our huge Cuisinart Mixer that we got for our wedding and I have never used), cooked the cookies in our new convection oven (I had to use it for something!), and pulled out incredibly yummy cookies that I made with my own two hands.

The cookies were a big hit in our house - my wife said they were the best cookies ever (yea, right….) and we wolfed them all down in a few days. Am I fatter because of all the cookies? Yep. Did they make my wife happy? They sure did…and I didn’t even make them for that purpose! I just wanted cookies but instead I got a 2fer - a happy wife and some cookies.

So next time you are looking for a way to make your spouse happy and make your belly happy, try to make something homemade…what shall I make this weekend? Trust me, it works.


No comments: